Gun control debate: Should Congress get rid of gun-free zones?

25 Aug , 2019   Video

Dr. John Lott joins Lou Dobbs on Fox Business to talk about what can be done to stop mass public shootings. They discuss everything from universal background checks to gun-free zones.

(Fox Business, Aug. 22, 2019)

9 Responses

1. Jeff Huntley says:

Yes, most certainly gun-free zones should be abolished. That’s makes sense.

2. Mike says:

Gun free zones should be stopped. But everyone should be restricted to concealed carry in a business establishment.

• Darrell Templin says:

I agree with you that gun free zones should be abolished, but not with the concealed carry only in businesses. I do conceal carry every where I go, I don’t want to have to worry about my gun showing if I move the wrong way. Here in Texas any business can post an 07 or 06 at the entrance saying no carrying, which is the 07, or no open carry which is the 06.

3. John Beraud says:

For schools specifically, Principals should be allowed to choose local folks (once trained & certified through a state program) to act as armed guards on campus. These guards would be specifically responsible to deter external threats only! Parents should be made aware of the decision but the guards should remain nameless. This could complement school safety plans with the component necessary to significantly reduce school shootings.

4. Kim says:

I work for a University and I believe they should. Everyone knows that if you want to target a lot of people, you do it in gun free zones, where no one should be armed.

5. Bob Devere says:

I’m all for stopping gun free zones, they are dangerous, I would rather have concealed carry

6. Lewis Wright says:

Gun free zones make for easy targets

7. Michael clokey says:

Second chance for felons after 10 year period and yes get rid of free zones.